Eligibility requirements for 2023-2025 scholarships:
• Applicants must be citizens and residents of the Republic of Tajikistan
• Applicants must be in their final year of high school education (11th grade) during the application process
• Applicants should be at least 16 years old as of September 1st, 2023
• Basic fluency of English language is required to attend the program
• Applicants are expected to have good academic records and have proven their dedication to UWC mission
• Applicants who have never studied abroad are encouraged to apply
An important principle of UWC education is the desire of students to return home after graduation to apply their knowledge and experience towards the development of their country and the implementation of UWC values of mutual understanding among people of different nationalities. It is desirable that candidates have expressed this interest during the selection process.
In addition to having excellent academic and extra-curricular merits, applicants with strong knowledge of native languages and of the history and culture of Tajikistan will be best able to represent Tajikistan in the international arena.
Should you not fulfil these criteria, you may still apply directly to the colleges through the Global Selection Programme or through another National Committee. However, you cannot apply through multiple methods in the same year.