• Applicants must be citizens and residents of the Republic of Tajikistan
• Applicants should be at least 17 or 18 years old as of September 1, 2020
• Applicants must be in their final year of secondary school education (11th grade) during the application process
• Basic fluency of English language is required to attend the program
• Applicants are expected to have good academic records and have proven their dedication to UWC mission
• Applicants who have never studied abroad are encouraged to apply
An important principle of education in the UWC system is the desire of students to return home after graduating, to apply their knowledge and experience to help the development of their country and the implementation of its UWC values and mutual understanding between people of different nationalities. It is desirable that candidates have expressed interest for this during the selection process.
The advantage of the college are those teenagers who, in addition to the excellent general knowledge, a good knowledge of the Tajik language and know the history and culture of Tajikistan which is necessary to represent Tajikistan in the international arena.
Should you not fulfil these criteria, there is still the possibility to apply directly to the colleges as part of an Global Selection Programme or through another National Committee. However, you cannot apply through two different methods in the same year.